6.28.2012

The Vampire Diaries

I think it takes the summer time and all of this time away from school for me to get interested in blogging again.  Try as I might work on a personal writing project in between being a full-time mom, a full-time homemaker, school projects for next year, I have been sucked into a phenomenon called The Vampire Diaries.  If you haven't seen the series (whomever you may be!), look it up.  Google's a wonderful invention.  First of all, I am a believer in the old school vampire.  No sparkles.  No sunlight.  Pasty-white skin.  Weird accent.  Sometimes they're sexy and sometimes they're old with bad hair.  I did my best to accept the even hotter version of the 21st century vamp, but couldn't do Meyer's sparkly beings that could survive sunlight even if it was in a rainy climate of Washington state.  But here came along Netflix and seasons of this show that screamed Watch Me!  I put on my Alice hat and took the Watch Me bottle. The Stefan vampire was cute and his brother Damon was even cuter.  Deeper into the show, I noticed there was a distinct character issue Stefan had with the love of his life, Elena Gilbert.  Every emotional, physical, spiritual, break-a-nail-ial problem Elena had, Stefan was right there with his hand on her neck and cheek with a breathy question of, "Are you okay?" Elena is confronted by her doppelganger. "Are you okay?"  Elena drops a pencil and the lead breaks.  "Elena.  Are you ... O. Kay?"

Anyway, I'm having fun with the soapy drama, but I'm sure I'm not supposed to laugh and giggle.

No comments: