7.12.2007

Chicken Dance

I will never eat regular chicken leftovers again, just like I won't be regular chicken again if it doesn't tell that it hasn't been shot full of hormones. I had my leftover chicken-hypothesis breast for my second meal of the day, and it was just as good as it was fresh. No funky taste, no foul (pun, haha) smell, just blessed white meat.

No-Lid Chicken
You need a whole chicken (filled with hormones or not)
You need a roasting pan
You do not need the roasting pan lid
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Spray the roasting pan with non-stick cooking oil
Place the whole chicken into the pan
Cook for approximately 2 hours

It should come out very juicy and tender with golden skin. Do not remove the skin prior to cooking--that's what keeps it juicy and tender and is the "lid."

* * * * * * * * *
Blue Angels
The Blue Angels will be here this weekend for a show at McConnell, and so they were practicing (I think) today and yesterday. We have the best spot to watch the Angels from our back deck since they usually fly right over our house and backyard (awesome).

Today, I hear more airplane noise than I'm used to, and I notice it's a blue jet. I point out the window and holler to Emily, "The Blue Angels are here!"

She looked at me, her eyes crinkled, and she was obviously very confused. She hesitated for a moment, and later she told me that when I told her about the Blue Angels, she thought that I mean that there were angels from heaven here who were blue. I guess she didn't really want to see anything quite that up close and personal from heaven, yet, so she hesitated. After she realized what they were, she was very excited about watching them out of our kitchen window.

No comments: