1.02.2007

My Muskles Are Killin' Me!

What a great feeling to know that I kicked some butt in the (home) gym yesterday morning. Today was a cardio day, and I kicked less butt, but I did kick some. I'm going to go for an afternoon session on the elliptical for some short bursts, too.

***

Dale was supposed to work until 6 p.m. last night, so at about 2:45, I pack up Em and head to G & G Reed's house. We take our time with our visit, and my dad even suggested I go shopping with my mom and he'd watch the kid. Emily and I get home around 5:45 and Dale's car is in the garage. I try to be flexible with change, but I had to dinner to fix, yet and now I'd be on double time since I had planned on not having it ready until 6:30...blah blah blah. The idea of dinner totally escaped me as soon as I stepped through the door.

When you enter your home, it's supposed to be one of relief and not a place that is frigid and cold.

Now I speak literally and not figuratively. I opened the door and stepped from a cold garage into my home the refrigerator. Dale was sitting on the couch watching Trading Space and the house was a friggin' ice box. He had all the windows open in the basement and a window open in the family to "whisk the smell right out of the house."

He knows how I feel about being cold, and I'm sure the fact that I haven't been warm since October didn't cross his mind. He commenced a mild-mannered chat about how our days were, and I cut him off and said, "Can we close the windows now?" He seemed mildly amused that I didn't see the genius in his plan to "whisk the smell right out"; the smell being the polyurethane. Either I was too high on fumes to even notice it, or --I was too high on fumes to notice it anymore.

Why can't we just be N o R m a L ????

No comments: