12.22.2006

Ahhhhh, the first day of vacation

It is 6:30 in the morning, and Emily is still asleep. I'm eating carrots nubs and celery after I've already eaten my protein and fiber-rich cereal. This is like the first day of the year for me where I can finally sit and reflect and figure things out.

Like my butt. I have a lot of figuring on that one.

This week is cardio-only week to give the rest of me (and my butt) time off for good (?) behavior. I thought I would dread it, but I'm actually enjoying the time on the treadmill doing intervals. Well, not enjoying it like HAHA Look At Me With A Smile On My Face enjoying it, but more like Look At What I'm Accomplishing enjoying it.

I also have to sit down and again find a list of vegetables that I actually like and enjoy other than lettuce. Obviously, carrots and celery would be a couple more, but how am I going to eat veggies 5-6 times per day of stuff I don't even like. I'd be a binge waiting to happen. And what's the deal with the taste of leftover chicken? I can't stand it! Is there something chemical that happens to the chicken when it cools off and is in the fridge for 24 hours? It's sealed in a bag or a plastic container... any food chemists out there? Is it just me? I LOVE leftover turkey.

That's the ramble for today. I'm hoping to ramble every day this Christmas break.

No comments: