9.15.2006

Jesus Goes to the Office

I wrote up Jesus today for having his cell phone out in the hallway. He knows the rules.

Okay, am having fun with this kid's name, who actually did turn into a good-natured kid; he just forgot that he wasn't the center of the universe and there were actually teachers in the halls, and yes, we do watch what the little buggers are doing. I'm standing by my classroom door and not more than two feet away from me, a kid is checking his phone for a text. Rule in the school is no cell phones until after 3:20. This was 11:58 a.m. I give him the I-Can't-Believe-You-Just-Did-That Look and he looks at me. My hand is outstretched as if I expect him to drop his phone into my palm just like that. Actually, I do expect that, but am equally expecting him to give me trouble. I scope out if he has a school ID hanging off of him just in case he runs, I'll know who to write up. I don't see the ID. I wiggle my fingers as if to say, "Come on, come on. Time is precious." He turns off his phone, his face is turning pink and he writes his name on a sheet of paper. He's a ninth-grader, bless his heart, and that's the end of that. I see the name of Jesus --------, and I say, "Hay-zeus?"

"Yeah,"

"I have to give this to your administrator."

"Okay."

Okay, then. A parent gets to come up and get it and the kid gets a day in the In-School Suspension Room. What will Jesus do?

No comments: