6.14.2006

Finger-lickin' Bad For You

Okay, raise your hand ('cause I'm the teacher) if you don't know that Kentucky Fried Chicken is bad for you.

Hmm. So you all knew, huh?

Another "duh" story is out wasting bandwidth about the evils of fast food, and this time KFC is in the crosshairs with a lawsuit. You can read this at http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/13/kfc.suit.ap/index.html. I'm sure that if KFC changed the oil from a trans-fatty oil to a regular cooking oil that the chicken would be minus heart-plugging trans-fats, but it would probably still contain a deadly amount of Trans' evil step-sister Saturated.

Much fast food isn't healthy. I think most people in the world know this, and that's why it tastes so good.

Emily Update:
Emily was playing in the sprinkler yesterday afternoon and I was talking to her about the good things that sun provides us. I told her about Vitamin D. When her daddy came home from work, I told him and he asked her which vitamin did the sun give.

"What vitamin?" she asked.
"The one the sun gives us," I replied.
"Um, I don't know!"
Her father said, "Which letter of the alphabet is it? A, B, C, D, E?"
She's zooming back and forth beneath the spray of the sprinkler, getting her hands wet so she can make handprints on the sidewalk and the porch.
"Which one?" I asked.
She stops and said, "The orange one!"
We both laugh and said, "How many suns do you know of?"

Anyway--you just had to be there. She really did know the answer but was goofing around with her mom and dad.

No comments: